Hi Josep,

Thanks for running the release! I am +1 (non binding)

Downloaded from sources
https://github.com/apache/kafka/archive/refs/tags/3.8.0-rc3.tar.gz and
built with java 17.

I performed the following validations:

1. I deleted a partition.metadata for a topic manually, and tried starting
the broker, and it started normally (KAFKA-16814)
2. I started a consumer on an invalid topic and noticed
InvalidTopicException (KAFKA-16764)
3. I verified that kafka-get-offsets.sh does print help/version and doesn't
complain about missing arguments (KAFKA-16408)

Thanks,
Murali