Chris Newman wrote:

>Hi
>       I have been using Kannel 1.0.3 for around 6 months now for
>inbound SMS. Just a couple of questions. Is there any way to disable the
>"request failed" sms which is sent back to the sender if an HTTP url
>request fails. Is this what the upgrade in the dev version 1.1.5 which
>states better handling of HTTP error codes is ?

You can disable the "request failed" by setting max-messages = 0. This
is not
very usefull, if you send messages, back as reply to the http request.

The request failed string is hardcoded somewhere the smsbox. (I think in
the 1.0.3,
it's in smsbox_req.c ).

>       Also, under high volumes (ie. constant messages 24/7), the
>bearerboxes often hang. It looks like there's some kind of buffer
>overflow in the hardware which is mimicked by the software and it just
>falls over. I've had a shell window open on the access log when it
>happens and the characters corrupt and everything as if there's some
>kind of message which specifically will crash it. Is this a known issue
>which has been dealt with in the more recent versions ? It looks like
>there's some kind of none-standard header sometimes and it brings
>everything down.

You should probably upgrade to a newer version. There's been a lot of
changes
and bug fixes since the 1.0.3 version, and nobody really care to apply
bugfixes
to the 1.0.3 version anymore. The cvs version more stable, than you
would expect.

>       Also, there is a date format reception problem. They come out as
>time received in 2028 on UK networks. Is this a locale problem ?

As in the year 2028??  Hmm.. Sounds strange.. The 1.0.3 version logs the
date in GMT, as far as I remember. Is the time correct on the computer
kannel is running on?

Sincerely,
Christian Theil Have.