Hi,

I have the following problem when sending SMS messages through Kannel:

On the phone only the first character of the message is correct the others
are all "funny" characters.
eg.  The text "test" show as "tJM#" on my phone.

I send the SMS with:
lynx -dump
"http://localhost:13131/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=username&password=password&from=0000&to=0927824449086&text=test";

But if I send the SMS with the udh option (like below) it works on my
Siemens S35i but on the Nokia Cellphones it says that it can't access the
message!
lynx -dump
"http://localhost:13131/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=username&password=password&from=0000&to=0927824449086&udh

%00&text=test"

Here's my configuration file (very basic)!

#------Kannel.Conf Begin ----------------#
group = core
admin-port = 13000
wapbox-port = 13002
smsbox-port = 13003
admin-password = xxxx
wdp-interface-name = "*"
log-file = "/tmp/kannel.log"
log-level = 0
box-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"

group = wapbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
syslog-level = none

group = smsc
smsc = smpp
host = x.x.x.x
port = 1074
receive-port = 1074
system-id = "xxxxx"
smsc-password = xxxxxx
system-type = "DATA_GATE"
address-range = ""
group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
sendsms-port = 13131
log-file = "/tmp/kannel.log"
log-level = 0

group = sendsms-user
username = xxxx
password = xxxx
max-messages = 2
concatenation = 1

#------Kannel.Conf End ----------------#

Do you have any idea of what can be wrong?

Thanks.

Pieter Crafford

T - Systems
debis IT Services Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd
Systems Engineer
Address : 2 Strand Street, Bellville, 7530
Postal address : P.O.Box 1, Sanlamhof, 7532
Phone    : + 27 21 947 6465
Fax      : + 27 21 947 2791
Mobile   : + 27 82 444 9086
E-mail   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]