On Qui, 2002-01-10 at 09:57, Bernino Lind wrote:
Dear users of Kannel,

I have some questions about the mclass and mwi parameters of Kannel sendsms
method.

Problems/Questions:
MWI:
If I want to set mwi=1 for example, I can only do this by having some text
in the sendsms parameters.

That means the end user will recieve an SMS with two parts: the mwi change +
some normal SMS message.

Thats really irritating, since I just want to change the mwi.

How do I make a message which *only* changes the status of the mwi?
mwi doesn't require a text field. In fact, the presence of the text changes the
internal DCS encoding. If NOW kannel requires the text field, someone have broken
my code.

MCLASS:
Can anyone point me to a URL where I can find more information on
mclass=2,3,...N values. I only know what mclass=1 does (flash message). Im
specially interested in knowledge on "programming" sim cards.
Message Class is defined in ETSI 03.38 (www.etsi.org or www.3gpp.org, document
23.038). Should be something like (and unfortunatly the mclass value are one more
than the Message Class bits):
mclass=1 -> MC=0 - goes to the mobile visor
mclass=2 -> MC=1 - goes to the mobile, or else to the sim if the mobile wants
mclass=3 -> MC=2 - goest to the sim
mclass=4 -> MC=3 - goes directly to the SIM Toolkit (of course you'll need alot
more data)

COMMENT:
I had a similar problem with mclass: sending a flash message would give both
a SMS AND a flash message, when using flash=1 method. This has changed when
using mclass=1 - I only get the flash message.
flash=1 should behave just like mclass=1, and should be deprecated. If it haven't the
same behaviour, something is broken. Please use only the mclass.

This is really very related to my question to developers previously: what is
the difference between flash=1 and mclass=1 - so I guess it has been
expressed now.

Thanks for your kindness in advance and I good day I wish you dear reader,

Best Regards,
Bernino Lind