Hi all,
       I have the XML engine Cocoon 1.8.2 configured
       to run with the Web server Apache 1.3.19

       If a request for an XML file, that is being sent
       to the Apache content server is coming from either
       a Nokia, UPSDK or a Ericsson R380 device then
       cocoon recognizes it as a WAP request and returns
       the appropriate WAP content. To make Cocoon recognize
       requests coming from these WAP devices I have to
       add these phone names in the cocoon.properties file:

       browser.1 = wap=Nokia
       browser.2 = wap=UP
       browser.3 = wap=R380

________________                            FOR WAP
| NOKIA        |                __________  REQUESTS  __________
| UPSDK        | REQUEST FOR    | APACHE |WAP CONTENT | COCOON |
| ERICSSON R380|______\\________|  HTTP  |______//____|   XML  |
| .........    |      //        | SERVER |      \\    | ENGINE |
| .........    |  XML FILE      |________|  FOR HTTP  |________|
|______________|                    |       REQUESTS
                                    |       HTML CONTENT

                       REQUEST FOR  |
                        XML FILE   /|\
                                   /|\

                                ____|______
                                | HTTP    |
                                | BROWSER |
                                | NETSCAPE|
                                |   OR    |
                                |   IE    |
                                |_________|

       The dots below Ericsson r380 are for other
       phone models which may have been added in
       the cocoon.properties file for which cocoon
       is to return WAP content. For requests coming
       from HTTP agents such as Netscape or IE cocoon
       throws HTML content.

       It is very irritating to add each and every phone
       model in the cocoon.properties and then restart
       Apache each time. So I decided to install Kannel
       which is supposedly a WAP gateway. My plan is to
       write one line in the cocoon.properties file

       browser.1 = wap=kannel

       and then tell all my clients to connect to
       my site using the Kannel gateway.

________________
| CLIENT's     |
| NOKIA        |
| UPSDK        |
| ERICSSON R380|
| .........    |
| .........    |
|______________|

    |  REQUEST FOR
   \|/ XML FILE
   \|/

____|_____                            FOR WAP
| KANNEL |                __________  REQUESTS  __________
|   WAP  | REQUEST FOR    | APACHE |WAP CONTENT | COCOON |
| GATEWAY|______\\________|  HTTP  |______//____|   XML  |
|________|      //        | SERVER |      \\    | ENGINE |
            XML FILE      |________|  FOR HTTP  |________|
                              |       REQUESTS
                              |       HTML CONTENT

                 REQUEST FOR  |
                  XML FILE   /|\
                             /|\

                          ____|______
                          | HTTP    |
                          | BROWSER |
                          | NETSCAPE|
                          |   OR    |
                          |   IE    |
                          |_________|

       But what is the name by which kannel
       makes its WAP request? Is it the bearerbox-
       hostname (as in bearerbox-host variable
       in kannel.conf) or what? What should I
       write in the cocoon.properties to make
       cocoon recognize Kannel as a WAP agent?