On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 14:48, Andrea Viscovich wrote:
> Hi, I tried to send an sms setting mwi=3.
> Then on My phone (Nokia 8210) it says. "you received an email", and
> I have 1 button, "call". By the way trying to call I got an error, as
> I haven't defined any number for data calls on my phone.
> Can anyone point me to some info on mwi or explain it in few words if possible?
> Thanks
> Andrea

mwi is defined as "voice mail", "fax", "email" and "other", in kannel is
1-4 to activate and 5-8 to deactivate.

If you send with empty text, mobile could display "you have new *", but
With text, mobile could additionally receive and store the message and
have a link to it near "you have new*".

The action for mwi is defined by the mobile. Usually, new voice-mails
have a link to call the voicemail number.

A new email mwi message, in nokia 6210, have no link because it can't
read emails. If your mobile have email capabilities, it can have a
direct link to "receive message" menu.

My T68 doesn't do it :( Well.. T68, besides activating the icon, doesn't
do anything else.

I've added to userguide the UDH to set the number of MWI messages.
(works with nokia)