Hi Folks,

I apologize still not to have a better understanding of Kannel Architecture
and to have sent this message to both lists.  I don't know if it proceeds.

My concern is in regards of the persistence of three SMS Gateway events:

1) The submission of a SMS-MT request from an application (mobile
terminated)
2) The submission of a SMS-MO request from a handset (mobile originated)
3) The submission of a DLR from the SMSC (smsc/mobile originated)

I'm using a commercial SMS gateway  -- I'd rather be using Kannel! 8-)  --
which stores each MO, MT and DLR messages in an persistent MQ (message
queue) before do anything.  This means either if the gateway crashes or
somebody shut it down, all disk-stored requests can be retrieved and the
processes be resumed when the gateway starts again).  In my businesses this
functionality is mandatory because there are money transactions involved,
those relying on the billing of messages submitted, received and delivered,
e.g. Ring tones downloads through sms application navigation.

I was evaluating the Kannel 1.0.3 (software itself and userguide.html) and
realized such functionality isn't there, is it?  Now I want to move to 1.1.6
but reading its userguide.html I understood there is persistence only in DLR
messages through a mysql database.  I really doesn't have resources to
change code, because we are very limited on budget and our focus is
integration of most-ready components.

Could you guys give me a better notion of Kannel's Architecture, your
concerns about such functionality and its roadmap?  Does my vision of the
problem proceed?  Do you have a different approach to workaround this?

Thank you all!

Maurício Collaça Ramos
Systems Integration Manager
w-Aura

Rua da Assembléia, 100 - 19 Andar
Rio de Janeiro, RJ 20011-000 - Brasil
Tel: +55 21 3806-3377 / Cel: +55 21 9222-3393
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.waura.com.br