hi all,

Earlier, i was working with kannel 1.0.3 and tested the smsc and wap gateway
features just to help my understanding abt the sms and wap gateways and how
they work. That experience was fine.

Now, I have cleaned up 1.0.3 from my system and trying to install 1.1.6 on
the system as i want to use DLRs.
1. I have got the gateway-1.1.6.tar.gz
2. untared and unzipped it.
3. ./configure --disable-docs --prefix=/home/navis/kannel ( thanks to Arbel,
otherwise i would have stuck with Alligata :-)
4. touch depend ; make depend
4. make ; make bindir=/home/navis/kannel install

Now where are conf files lying? There is no conf file under
/usr/local/kannel
Please help.

Now i want to compile the mysql/DLR as option. But the
"./configure --disable-docs --with-dlr-mysql --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql"
is unable to detect the
following and gives the error...

checking for mysql/mysql.h...no
checking for mysql/mysql_com.h...no
checking for -lmysqlclient...no

I have modified the configure file so as to forcefully give the complete
paths for mysql.h etc

checking for mysql/mysql.h...yes
checking for mysql/mysql_com.h...yes
checking for -lmysqlclient...no

How to cross this last hurdle "-lmysqlclient" ? Did any one experience
anything like this before?
I also tried with  --x-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include as param to
configure but same error?

Thanks for any help.

navjot