Aarno Syvänen wrote:

> David Monterroso Cabello kirjoittaa torstaina, 13. kesäkuuta 2002,
> kello 17:46:
>

>>    I would like to know if it is posible to send a MMS notificacion
>> (m-notification-ind) throught the Kannel PPG?,    the notification
>> headers are already tokenized as explained in
>> WAP-209-MMSEncapsulation-20020105a so i thought it could be posible
>> to just send it using kannel but it did not work.
>>
>>    This is what i did:
>>
>>    ./test_ppg -e base64 -a mms -c mms "http://localhost:8080/cgi-
>> bin/wap-push.cgi?username=foo&password=bar" mms_encoded.txt amppg.txt
>>
>>    It seems the bearerbox sent an sms with the indication but i did
>> not receive anything in my phone, i have tried many variations of the
>> notification like change the expiry date
>

> Did you use the newest snapshot ? Paul found an error in MMS code and
> fix is now
> in CVS,

    Yes, im using the latest snapshot :)

>>  and such kind of things but with no positive results. Well right now
>> i dont know where the problem can't be cause i have never been able
>> to sent a notification i dont know if it is even well formed or it is
>> a problem at the kannel PPG side. :-\
>

> I think you should with trying to send a binary containing the
> tokenised indication to the
> phone. Then you will is the problem in Kannel or your document. I have
> seen MMS
> documents conforming specs. You should probably first avoid
> concatenated messages.
> Send only mandatory fields with shortest possible strings.

    That is what im trying to do, i made a small indication so it can go
in one sms. But i doesn't work anyway, kannel send it but the phone just
ignore it.

>>    Has someone worked with this?.
>

> I have worked on MMS and will be working on it, too ;)

    So did you finally managed to send an indication to the phone?. Do
you have a valid tokenized indication over there so i can try with it
and know if mine is well formed?.

    The way to send it  is correct, isn't it?. I mean the parameters i
use with the test_ppg command.

> Aarno

Many thanx

David