Well, it beeps and certainly does appear in the inbox.
As its an Ericsson R520m I thought the init should be correct as its explicitly given
in the setup.
THe only thing left - anyone else using this combo with any tips please (short of
trying anoterh phone!!)
Anyone happen to know an AT sequence to enable/disable sending incoming SMS's down the
serial cable?

> From: Oded Arbel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat 10/Aug/2002 23:17 GMT
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Can a GSM-phone-as-SMSC *receive* SMS's?
>
> ???? ????, 9 ??????? 2002, 17:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ???:
> > I'm using an Ericsson R520 with a kannel snapshot from last week with
> > Cygwin/NT4. I can send SMS fine as well as OTA. I tried to get a simple SMS
> > service going but noticed the phone doesn't seem to send anything to the PC
> > down its serial cable when it recieves an incoming SMS. Am I correct in
> > assuming it should do this, and if so is there some config I've missed such
> > as an extra AT command on startup? Thanks!
> >

> Yes - it should send received messages. make sure that the phone really
> received the messages. also, check your init string - it might be that the
> phone does not get inited properly to send the messages to Kannel and instead
> stores them in memory. also try enabling sim-buffering to let Kannel access
> messages stored in sim memory.
>
> --
> Oded
>
> ::..
> A journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890