<jabbering snipped>

> This is what I am asking.When I say
> http://<apache-server-name>/cgi-bin/sendsms?..
> then the request goes to Apache. Now apart from basic HTML
> content Apache will
> not handle any other content. So when it sees that sendsms is
> written in Python
> will Apache not require a Python engine to be loaded to
> handle sendsms?

You got it all wrong. please read the user guide, and if you like - the architecture
guide, as it will explain things much more clearly. let me try to clear things up a
little bit :

Kannel does not require apache to be run, nor does it use apache in itself, nor does
it use Python. Kannel is a set of daemon (unix services) are running in the background
and can accept commands using an HTTP interface - it can be said that Kannel in itself
_is_ a web server.

You need to run the bearerbox daemon and instruct it (using the configuration file) to
listen for incoming connections from the smsbox on a specific port. you then run
smsbox and instruct it (using the same configuration file) to listen for incoming
requests on another port, while connecting the bearerbox using the previously
configured port.

Now the smsbox will expose the "sendsms" interface and will wait for you to connect to
it and deliver MT messages. for example, let's say that you configured smsbox's
sendsms interface to listen on port 14000. now to send you would invoke an HTTP client
to connect to that port and deliver an HTTP GET request. for example, using the
perl-libwww GET client installed on any Linux system, using the default configuration
file, and MT might look like this:

GET
'http://kannel-host:14500/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=tester&password=foobar&from=my-number&to=target&text=something'

The Python sendsms script is just a script that can receive human readable input using
the command line and in turn genrates and HTTP GET request to the smsbox's sendsms
interface.

That script, that confuses you so much, is not part of Kannel, it is not a cgi-bin
script and you can safely delete it as it's just an example of how to call Kannel
using HTTP from Python.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
Q: "Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books lately?"
    -- Q / "Deja Q" , ST:TNG