This is one of the most common questions and should have made it to the FAQ, if we had
one :-)

The easiest solution is not to set the dlr-url in the configuration file, but instead
set the dlrurl for each message sent (send-sms supports that, and I'm pretty sure that
sms-service response does too). the URL set will have the message ID embedded staticly
into it, so that when Kannel calls back the DLR URL, you will have received your
messge id back.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
This messge may not be resold at a price higher than face value without written
permission from the author.