Hi Anamika,

I have a nokia 6610 which I am using  with kannel gateway.  Can I use
this combination to surf through internet. The gateway has a static ip
address which is fed to the phone as the access point node.
Nokia 6610 has Wap 1.2.1 browser, so u can happily browse the net with this phone and kannel acting as a WAP gateway.

Please reply at the earliest.

Also is it possible to send sms in this setup . IF this setup is not
complete what else do i require ??
Yes. Get serial cable for this phone, I think, DLR-3P cable would do, confirm with vendor. Check latest userguide for virtual SMSC and gateway/doc/examples/modems.conf for more details on configuring kannel as SMS Gateway.

Your answers will be a big support.
Hope this helps you.

Regards
Shridhar Raju