Hello everybody.

My company is curently implementing a set of SMS services here in Costa Rica using Kannel and GSM modems. The thing is that the operator here (there is only one, government-operated) is far from allowing third parties to gain access to its SMSC, primarily because, since it is owned by the government, all those kind of businesses are highly regulated, and need aproval from a lot of controlling instances.
Because of this, we are using GSM modems to provide the services, but have come to situations where this devices really don't provide us with the throughput we need.
So, the question is, are there other kind of devices that allow a faster distribution of messages, kind of high throughput modems that allow mass sending of messages?
We are currently using Wavecoms. I don't know if maybe other brand of modems (Falcom, Siemens, Nokia) will provide more throughput.

Any help highly appreciated.

Eduardo Quirós Mobile Answers Costa Rica