Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: WAP Push

Yep, you got it right, though you can drop Host-header.

Aarno

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 01:25 PM, Jeetendra Singh wrote:

I hope somebody out there can help me...

I have following WAP PUSH data with me

7C User Data Length (124 bytes)
06 User Data Header Length (6 bytes)
05 UDH Item Element id (Port Numbers)
04 UDH IE length (4 bytes)
0B84 destination port number
23F0 origin port number
01 Transaction ID (Push ID)
06 PDU Type (Push PDU)
15 Header Length (21 bytes)
AE Content Type=application/vnd.wap.sic (0x80 | 0x2E)
96 Host, WAP - 230, Appendix A, table 39 (wsp)
6C 6F 63 61 6C 68 6F 73 74 3A 38 30 38 30 localhost:8080
01 <indication element end>
01 <SI element end>
Please confirm whether my understanding (as explained below) of encoding in UCP PDU for above message is right.

In UCP PDU, UDH field in XSER shall contain following part

06 User Data Header Length (6 bytes)
05 UDH Item Element id (Port Numbers)
04 UDH IE length (4 bytes)
0B84 destination port number
23F0 origin port number
whereas the rest goes in TMsg field with MT=4.

Here the DCS value shall be 245 (0xF5) or 21 (0x15) i.e. 8 bit binary data with message class=1. (although I read somewhere that DCS value will be 0x04 (8 bit binary).

Any help is most welcome.
thanks and best regards,
JS