On Sunday 31 August 2003 17:45, nicola\.palmieri wrote:
> Hi to all!
> i come back !
> i have buy a ericsson t68i for use with kannel....but..someone know the way
> for set the phone with linux and kannel ?i have found a config file in a
> old list but not run....:-( thanks in advance,(and always sorry for my
> english...)
> nico

You can use the default smskannel.conf configuration (generated during Kannel
installation). It works without any change. If you want log file to be
generated, uncommented the "log-file" and "log-level" parameters, both for
bearerbox and smsbox. Also, you need to run the bearerbox with smskannel.conf
as the configuration file (see comment at the beginning of smskannel.conf).

For "smsc" and "modem" config, I use below smsc configuration for t68i. You
need to change "pin" and "sms-center" with yours.

You can paste the text below directly into smskannel.conf or put the
configuration text into a new file "/usr/local/etc/modem.conf" (or other
directory where you put your kannel config) and have "include =
/usr/local/etc/modem.conf" directive in  smskannel.conf

I use DRS-11 RS-232 Cable from Ericsson and the t68i works very well with
kannel (version 1.3.1)

<modem.conf begin>

# SMSC Connections
group = smsc
smsc = at2
smsc-id = VSMC
modemtype = ericsson_t68
device = /dev/ttyS0
speed = 19200
validityperiod = 167
keepalive = 10
pin = 1314
#kannel will forward incoming SMS to TE and delete it
sim-buffering = true
sms-center = "+62818445009"
#sms-center = "+6281100000"

# Mobile Phone Configuration
group = modems
id = ericsson_t68
name = "Ericsson T68"
detect-string = "T68"
init-string = "AT+CNMI=3,3"
keepalive-cmd = "AT+CBC;+CSQ"
#enable-hwhs =""
#no-pin = true
#broken = true
#message storage ="SM" for SIM or "ME" for Mobile memory
message-storage = "ME"
# no-smsc = true

<modem.conf end>

Regards,