Have you tried "nohup" 'ing the shell script when you run it from smsbox? (isn't the
parent killing the child when it restarts?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Cipher Strength [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 October 2003 12:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Restarting Kannel by sms-service

I need to restart kannel ( bearerbox  & smsbox) using sms-service . I
developed a shell script and defined an sms-service. The script actually
kills all beaerbox & smsbox process and then execute both boxes. The shell
scripts runs fine from bash shell but when try from sms-service thhe boxes
killed but not starts. I read docs

exec (c) string Executes the given shell command as the current UID of the
running smsbox user and returns the output to stdout as reply. Escape codes
(parameters) are usable here, too.

the current UID of the running smsbox looks to me the reason.

Hope to listen from someone soon.
regards
CIPHER