We get the following delivery report format in delivery_sm PDU from the
SMPP smsc

id:xxxx1 sub:1 dlvrd:1 submit date:031113120612 done date:031113120616
stat:4 err:0

However according to kannel source gw/smsc/smsc_smpp.c
--------------------------------------
/*
                 * we get the following status:
                 * DELIVRD, ACCEPTD, EXPIRED, DELETED, UNDELIV, UNKNOWN,
REJECTD
                 */

                if ((stat != NULL) && ((octstr_compare(stat,
octstr_imm("DELIVRD")) == 0) ||
                    (octstr_compare(stat, octstr_imm("ACCEPTD")) == 0)))
                    dlrstat = DLR_SUCCESS;
                else
                    dlrstat = DLR_FAIL;
--------------------------------------
Does that mean kannel only handles the delivery report format as C-Octet
String of length 7 or I am missing something obvious.
Should that mean that the smsc is following a non-standard format what
can be the possible solutions.
The SMPP standard mentions that the format for delivery report shown
there is only an example. Any pointers in right direction.

-Tarun
--
http://www.tarundua.net
Nothing you ever wanted to find about Tarun Dua