Hi Matt,

Sure, you can test your Nokia 6210 and the data cable with minicom whether it
respond to AT command or not.

I suggest you to download the 6210 at command reference (I think I've seen it
available for download at nokia website -- if I recall correctly, its' at
http://forum.nokia.com).

Needless to say that you should configure minicom correctly (in Redhat 8 and
9, minicom default port is /dev/ttyS1 which is COM2).

Rudy