try forced-smsc = '<smscid>'
in ur sendsms-user group
the sms will be forced to the smsc and in case the smsc link is down the message will be passed to the other smsc

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 21:08, Robert wrote:
Hello all,

I am relatively new to Kannel, as I am just discovering its powerful
features, but got to the point where I can send SMS through *one*
SMSC. If I leave only one smsc group (either one), Kannel sends the
SMS, but if I leave both groups in the conf file, only "alac" is used
(I check in Kannel's status). I use such an URL to send SMS:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:13033/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=xxxxx&password=xxxxx&from=robert&to=xxxxx&text=test

I've searched through the list, and tried to use some of the (partial)
solutions given there. I tried to specify in the URL "smsc=mw", and
"preferred-smsc-id=mw", or tweaking the conf file to specify
"send-url". I even got that far to come up with 2 different conf
files, and launch smsbox twice with these 2 conf files, specifying 2
different sendsms-port. But, either bearerbox/smsbox didn't start
properly, or I was back to my original problem :(

Basically, I want 2 different URLs, to specify the SMSC which Kannel
should use in each case. It can be the port number, or a URL
parameter, but something to differentiate the SMSC.

So, can you please point me in the right direction? I know this should
be something basic for Kannel, but I just can't make it work :(

Thanks and regards
Robert

P.S. my conf file is listed below:

group = core
admin-port = 13011
smsbox-port = 13021
admin-password = xxxxx
status-password = xxxxx
admin-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
admin-allow-ip = xxxxx
log-file = "ok-log1.log"
log-level = 1
box-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
dlr-storage = mysql
store-file = "kannel.store"

# SMSC CONNECTIONS

group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = mw
host = xxxxx
port = 7901
receive-port = 7901
smsc-username = xxxxx
smsc-password = xxxxx
system-type = TCP
address-range = ""
my-number = 3445
interface-version = 34
source-addr-ton = 1
source-addr-npi = 1

group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = alac
host = xxxxx
port = 800
smsc-username = xxxxx
smsc-password = xxxxx
system-type = TCP
interface-version = 34
source-addr-ton = 1
source-addr-npi = 1

group = mysql-connection
id = mydlr
host = localhost
mysql-username = xxxxx
mysql-password = xxxxx
database = smsdb

group = dlr-db
id = mydlr
table = dlr
field-smsc = smsc
field-timestamp = ts
field-destination = destination
field-source = source
field-service = service
field-url = ""
field-mask = mask
field-status = status
field-boxc-id = boxc

# SMSBOX SETUP
group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
sendsms-port = 13033
global-sender = 13033
sendsms-chars = "0123456789 +-"
log-file = "smsbox.log"

# SEND-SMS USERS
group = sendsms-user
username = xxxxx
password = xxxxx
user-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
user-allow-ip = xxxxx

# SERVICES

group = sms-service
keyword = nop
text = "You asked nothing and I did it!"

# there should be default always

group = sms-service
keyword = default
text = "No service specified"