Kannel Host
------------
Kannel 1.1.6
Cobalt Linux release 6.0 (Shinkansen-Decaf)
Kernel 2.2.16C32_III on an i586
libxml2-2.4.23-1

Application Host
----------------
RedHat linux 8
Coldfusion MX

Hi,

I've just *inherited* a dormant kannel 1.1.6 server and my company just
recently produced a bulk sms platform. It is receiving and sending out
SMSes flawlessly but as a localhost.

Currently, the sms platform location lies in another server (App
server). But when testing the push sms in the App server, this error
comes out:

lynx -dump "http://[Kannel host
IP]:13131/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=spiderman&password=spider&to=0122821854&text=Test+Kannel";

Looking up [Kannel host IP]:13131
[Kannel host IP]:13131
Making HTTP connection to [Kannel host IP]:13131
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

lynx: Can't access startfile http://[Kannel host
IP]:13131/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=[user]&password=[password]&to=[phoneno]&text=Test+Kannel

The Kannel server lies behind a gateway and the port 13131 is not
telnetable from the App host. I even tried commenting out the
box-deny-ip. What should i configure (kannel or server) to allow remote
access of Kannel especially in the Push SMS department?

Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Thank you very  much for the time.
Attached is the conf file:

<snip!>
group = core
admin-port = 13000
admin-password = f1bar
status-password = f1bar
smsbox-port = 13001
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/kannel.log"
log-level = 1
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"
#box-deny-ip = ""
box-allow-ip = "*.*.*.*"
admin-deny-ip = ""
admin-allow-ip = ""

group = smsc
smsc = at2
modemtype = wavecom
device = /dev/ttyS0
pin =

group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
sendsms-port = 13131
global-sender = [PHONENO]
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
log-level = 0
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/sms-access.log"

group = sms-service
keyword = default
post-url = "http://URL/to/appServer/act_kannel.cfm?message=%a&mobile=%p";
max-messages=0