Hi Renaat and thank you for your help,

I am using 1.2.1 and as far as I know, there is no way for Kannel to know
when something's gone bad at SMPP level, so the setup I've tried (exactly
the same as you are suggesting, I guess we've read the same article) does
not work if, for example, the carrier changes the password for the
connection or just filters out the traffic with a firewall. Kannel just
doesnīt notice the link is gone and keeps sending messages thru it for a
long time, until it finally goes down.

If I restart the service, the link cannot be established and everything
works as expected: it routes traffic thru the second link,

I've applied a patch to the source code (mostly manually and I even had to
to add some lines to gwlib/cfg.def to make it work) that drops the link when
a certain number (configurable per smsc group) of enquire_link's doesn't
receive the corresponding enquire_link_response's. This should do the trick
on 1.2.1.

I will be trying it later today and I'll let you know how it goes.

Another issue I suppose I'll have to drill will be the DLR reports. Since
the message was first addressed to an SMSC connection and ended up on
another, I donīt know if that would impact the retrieval of the DLR from the
MySQL database (since the SMSC connection id is used as part of the primary
key on the DLR table, along with the timestamp). A simple modification on
the MySQL queries should do the trick by now, though.

Regards,