Hello

I've been trying to come up with a decent start script to put into
/usr/local/etc/rc.d, and have adapted the samba.sh script to my purposes.  I've
created /var/log/kannel and /var/run/kannel and set the permissions correctly.  When I
start kannel from the console without the "-d" flag, it works.  With the "-d" flag, it
does not work.

Here are the relevant lines:

/usr/local/sbin/bearerbox -d -p /var/run/kannel/bearerbox.pid -u kannel
/usr/local/etc/kannel/kannel.conf

/usr/local/sbin/smsbox -d -p /var/run/kannel/smsbox.pid -u kannel
/usr/local/etc/kannel/kannel.conf

I'd like to be able to start it daemonized without using the start-stop-daemon because
I'd like to keep the script as FreeBSD-ish as possible.  I'd really hate to put a "&"
in my start script, but if that's necessary to get it to work...

Anybody else who's using FreeBSD have similar experiences?  (I'm using kannel 1.3.2 on
FreeBSD 5.2.1, and it seems the -d flag does not work: I find "exited on signal 11" in
the system log for both bearerbox and smsbox.)

I could send my start script itself to individuals, but I didn't want to generate too
much noise on the list.

Thanks,

- Dimitri

--