------------------------------
Why couldn't we ? it's just a question of inserting the DLR /before
/sending, looking
at the last inserted ID and use it instead of the couple timestamp /
smsc ...
------------------------------

Of course, there is no problem, maybe with making the patch, but I don't
believe so.
There can be such sending process:
1) comes request to send SMS;
2) write info in to DB about SMS to be sent (with status 'not sent');
3) get autoincrement ID (mysql returns it automaticly);
4) try to send SMS and use this autoincrement ID instead of timestamp;
5) after sending change status to 'waiting for SMSC' response or 'not sent'
if it crashes in kannel because of any reason;
6) after receiving a status message from SMSC do the same process like it is
now, only use this unque ID to find right message.
One more advice - not simply delete records from dlr table, but 'move' them
to dlr_archieve (the same structure as dlr, only ID is not autoincrement) -
so we would not lose info about sent messages. copy means: insert into
dlr_archieve...select...from dlr... and then: delete... (i can write queries
for MySQL, but not for other dlr DB types)

So - some more queries, but with autoincrement ID it will work faster
anyway.

Sorry for my english :)

Ivars