Hello everybody,

First, thanks to everyone who has made kannel possible.

I am trying for a few days to create a very simple test pilot using kannel and a nokia 6210 as a SMSC. The purpose is to be able to send messages and respond to received messages. Until now I managed to:

- make kannel comunicate with the phone
- have simple dlr support (since I am using pgsql I managed to change the source code to eliminate the LIMIT 1 from DLR delete and update which caused problems)
- get the smsid for all messages and managed to get simple logging

Everything seems ok except that after some time the phone kannel does not receive any messages. I can send messages but I do not receive them. Restarting kannel has no efect. I tried even gnokii -reset hard but after that kannel does not connect to the phone anymore. I had to go and restart the phone manualy. My configuration follows:

  # MODEM CONFIGURATION
group = modems
id = nokiaphone
name = "Nokia Phone"
detect-string = "Nokia Mobile Phone"
init-string = "AT+CNMI=1,2,0,1,1"
need-sleep = true
sendline-sleep = 1000
keepalive-cmd = "AT+CBC;+CSQ"
#enable-mms = true

# SMSC CONNECTIONS
group = smsc
smsc = at
#nokia orange
smsc-id = nkor
modemtype = nokiaphone
device = /dev/ttyS0
keepalive = 60
speed = 19200
#sim-buffering=true

I tried the sim-buffering option with no effect.
Does anyone has any ideea? Is the param init-string correct? maybe the keepalive-cmd might be used to restore the state. Any ideeas are welcomed on how to restore the phone to a correct state.

Thank you,
Len