**>From: "Willy Mularto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>Subject: A# method
**>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:47:50 +0700
**>
**>Guys,
**>Any of you have successfully configured kannel to deal with A# charging? A#
charging is a method where we only need to connect from one user account to
SMSC then when we submit MT we add n digit behind our shortcode/shornumber, for
example I have 1234 as my shortcode, when a subscriber request content which
will be charged $2, then I will add 123402 (the 02 is the A#) then send it back
to the SMSC. I hope this explanation clear enough, what configuration needed
here? Please help me. Any reply is highly appreciated.
**>

Scenario:
  User with MSISDN of +85290009999 creates an SMS with the following
  content:
    add 2 3 5
  and then sends it to shortcode 1234. You receive the SMS and
  perform the addition, 2 + 3 + 5, and send back "Answer: 10"
  using the origination address of 123402 which results in a
  charge of $2 on the user's SMS charges ($2 charge requires
  Mobile Network Operator to support your request for
  MT billing services).

 1) In the kannel.conf, have a section that accepts all MO SMS and
    HTTP_POST them to your application for processing:

group = sms-service
name = smsc2myappl
keyword = default
omit-empty = true
max-messages = 0
send-sender = true
catch-all = true
post-url = "http://host.domain/addition.cgi";

 2) In your application, expect Kannel to do an HTTP_POST with the
    entire content of the SMS. You can retrieve the MSISDN number
    of the mobile subscriber by looking at the X-Kannel-From
    HTTP header. The "addition.cgi" program will get something like
    this from Kannel:

POST /addition.cg HTTP/1.0
Host: host.domain:80

add 2 3 5

 3) Parse the SMS to see what keyword/service the mobile subscriber
    was requesting from you.
 4) Perform the service on behave of the mobile subscriber. In this
    case, you add 2 + 3 + 5.
 5) Send the results to the mobile subscriber via an MT SMS
    that is HTTP_POST'ed to Kannel's smsbox with the origination
    address to be your short code + charge:

POST /cgi-bin/sendsms HTTP/1.0

Answer: 10

  You are done.