Hi all !

My first question is,
What exactly is and where is it the start-stop daemon?
When to use it ?

I run my bearer and smsbox with the -d option, but I see no difference
when I compile it using --enable-start-stop-daemon option or not.

Does the --disable-assertions option really improves speed? are there
any dangers when disabling assertions this?

Since I'm not using ssl, is it desirable for performance or memory to
use the --disable-ssl option?

I'm running a mid to high traffic site with several not ssl enabled
smsc'c, is the combination of these three compile options recommended ?

Thaks to all !!!

== Oscar
OM MANI PEME HUM