**>Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:21:05 -0500
**>From: Eric Monchanin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**>Subject: Re: Question about shortcode
**>
**>some details:
**>
**>we want all our messages to be sent with the shortcode set as reply address
**>would it be enough to set
**>in sms-box
**>global-sender = "our short code"
**>
**>and would it override all "from" if we set any ?
**>
**>Eric Monchanin a ?crit :
**>
**>>Hi,
**>>
**>>Sorry if this looks silly, but we have a working kannel config, and it
**>>was not my job to take care of it.
**>>Now, we just received the "shortcode" for our business.
**>>If think it's an identifier to set for each transaction with our
**>>aggregator but not quite sure.
**>>Can anyone give me some details about that, and/or tell me if I can
**>>configure it in kannel.conf file.

I would suggest you use the "default-sender" parameter found in
the group "sendsms-user" instead of the "global-sender" parameter
in the group "smsbox".

The "default-sender" will only be used if you transfer and SMS to
the smsbox without an Origination Address (ie connect to kannel's
/cgi-bin/sendsms and send an SMS without a "from=..." or X-Kannel-From).
If you do set the Origination Address then Kannel will use your
specified address.

On another note ...
  Does anyone else but me think that a 20 digit "Short Code" is
  an oxymoron?

See ya...

d.c.