Hi bw t,

I had (perhaps) similar problem that You are having now.

I configured kanned and was able to send MT, but couldnt
receive MO.

My problem was uncomplete configuration, i.e. I defined
only port, because I understood that receiver port needed
to be defined if it is different than port, but it needs
to be defined anyway.

So, my original configuration was (MO not working):

host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port = 15002

MO started working when I added receive-port:

host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
port = 15002
receive-port = 15002

Hope this helps,