Patrick,

A good start would be to read the whole documentation file. It has a
lot of clues and some examples. It's doubtlessly the first step you
have to take to understand how Kannel works and how can you use it.

Next, try browsing the /doc folder on the source tree, specially the
/doc/examples folder, it has a kannel.conf file that can be used as a
very good starting point in configuring the beast. It will make a lot
of sense after you've read the docs.

Next, try browsing the list archives for specific questions you may still have.

And then, and only then, if you still have questions that weren't
answered on the 3 previous points, ask again on the users list.

If you think you may have found a bug or strange behaviour related to
an error in programming, ask the devel list instead.

And last but not least, never cross-post in both lists, it usually
annoys everyone around :)

--
Alejandro Guerrieri
Magicom