**>Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:42:47 +0100 (CET)
**>Subject: smpp DLR problem
**>From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>To: <users@kannel.org>
**>
**>i have this weird problem with DLR reports and SMPP that is breaking my
**>head. DLR reporting seems to work fine for the other EMI connections but
**>the SMPP connection however gives
**>WARNING: DLR[internal]: DLR for DST<32XXXXXXXX> not found.
**>2005-02-01 13:51:16 [15102] [7] ERROR: SMPP[<smsc-rec>]: got DLR but could
**>not find message or was not interestedin it ts<1167675259>
**>dst<32XXXXXXXX>, type<1>
**>after calling
**>
**>links
**>http://localhost:20003/cgi-bin/sendsms?user=tester&password=lalaa&to=32XXXXXXXXX&from=32YYYYYYYY&text=Hello+world&smsc=<smsc>&dlr-mask=31
**>in the debuglogs. I've tried setting the msg-id-type to all possible
**>values but without any difference...
**>I've got following stuff for the smpp connection in my kannel config
**>
**>group = smsc
**>smsc = smpp
**>smsc-id = <smsc-rec>
**>host = A.B.C.D
**>port = 0
**>receive-port = 8100
**>interface-version = 34
**>smsc-username = "USER"
**>smsc-password = "PASSWD"
**>system-type = "OK"
**>address-range = ""
**>source-addr-autodetect = false
**>source-addr-ton = 0
**>source-addr-npi = 8
**>dest-addr-ton = 0
**>dest-addr-npi = 8
**>msg-id-type = 0x00
**>my-number = IIII
**>
**>group = smsc
**>smsc = smpp
**>smsc-id = <smsc>
**>host = A.B.C.E
**>port = 8100
**>receive-port = 0
**>interface-version = 34
**>smsc-username = "USER"
**>smsc-password = "PASSWD"
**>system-type = "OK"
**>address-range = ""
**>source-addr-autodetect = false
**>source-addr-ton = 0
**>source-addr-npi = 8
**>dest-addr-ton = 0
**>dest-addr-npi = 8
**>msg-id-type = 0x00
**>my-number = IIII
**>
**>Any advice on what i could try greatly appreciated,

It would be very useful to get a debug level logfile of your
bearerbox interactions with the SMPP server.  In particular,
the things of most interest:
  - Any logs pertaining to the DLR being added to the dlr_entry
  - The decoded SMPP PDU of your submit_sm_resp and deliver_sm.
  - Any log entry indicating Kannel received a DLR but was not
    interested in it.

Based off of the limited debug log you presented, it indicates
it me that your message-id types are mismatching. Most likely
the submit_sm_resp was sending a hexadecimal representation of the
mesage-id '1167675259' (which in the submit_sm_resp would look like
'45994F7B').

Again, a dump of the logs from your bearerbox would be most helpful.

See ya...

d.c.