**>Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:32:52 +1100 (EST)
**>From: Pak Bei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>Subject: smsc_http, MO msg from SMSC Simulation and  "denied host" error
**>To: users@kannel.org
**>
**>I'm using kannel 1.4.0.
**>I'd like to use smsc_http.
**>
**>group = smsc
**>smsc = http
**>smsc-id = smsc_http
**>system-type = kannel
**>smsc-username = foo
**>smsc-password = bar
**>port = 13020
**>send-url =
**>http://10.1.2.3:8080/smsc/push?user=foo&pass=bar&from=%p&to=%P&text=%r
**>
**>My Question is how to simulate MO message incoming
**>from
**>fake smsc (using web browser for example)?
**>
**>In my previuos test:
**>1. Kannel succesfully deliver smspush via
**>/cgi-bin/sendsms to appropriate SMSC.
**>2. While i tried to simulate MO message form SMSC,
**>using:
**>http://10.1.2.2:13020/username=foo&password=bar&to=62811909401&text=test
**>
**>Kannel will produce exeption error like this:
**>2005-02-25 23:10:39 [14148] [6] INFO: HTTP[smsc_http]:
**>... tried from denied host 10.1.2.3, ignored
**>
**>I expect incoming MO message should replied to
**>destination SMSC.
**>
**>Any hints, help, sugestions would be appreciated.

Answer to "denied host" error...
  As I stated in another reply, Kannel's HTTP SMSC uses the
"connect-allow-ip" declaration to specify which hosts have access
to inject an MO SMS via a connection to the port specified in the
"port =" declaration.

About the HTTP SMSC...
  An MO SMS entering the port specified by the HTTP SMSC does not
get forwarded to the URL specified by the send-url declaration. Instead,
the MO SMS is sent up to the smsbox for processing.  An MT SMS submitted
to the smsbox with the smsc-id of the HTTP SMSC will be forwarded to
the URL specified by the send-url declaration.

See ya...

d.c.