Hi Davy,

Thanks for the reply and the precise solution.

>   1) More than one SMSC routing path for an SMS.
>   2) An allowed-smsc-id declaration restricting access to the SMSC.
>   3) The different ways the smsbox handles MT SMS as a reply to
>      an MO SMS (an exec/file/text opposed to get-url/post-url/post-xml)..

I figured out that there is no problem when a post/get request is the
case, but I do not have the prefferable knowledge on kannel internals
nor the background to browse through the code itself. I now realize
why the problems occur on the first place.

> Is this a bug? Only if you have the same three factors again.laration.
>
> I'll post a enquire over on the devel@kannel.org group about this
> issue.
>
> For a quick solution without changing the code and still allowing
> for the use of allowed-smsc-id for access restrictions:
>   - only use get-url, post-url, or post-xml for all your sms-services.

This is what I decided to do. But IMHO, this should be considered as a
bug, since it could generate problems; I guess there are many users
out there using ACLs for specific SMSCs.

> If you want to fix the code, then look on the devel@kannel.org
> on Friday for the patch.

I hope you have allready report the bug. Otherwise, I will submit it
myself, as soon I arrive in the office.

> See ya...
>
> d.c.

<thanks>
Well, I owe you one (or more). If you ever plan to visit Greece, drop me a line.
</thanks>

--
Labor and Joy

  • Re: problem with multiple SMSC Theo Vassiliadis