Me too, two connections to the same SMPP, both over the same VPN link
to the same IP and port, using different username and password and,
knowing the market, I suppose it's to the same
three-letter-branded-cellco than Rodrigo does ;)

I don't know why do they want to do it that way (with other cellcos,
we usually have one SMPP link and route many shortcut numbers over the
same link without the overhead of mantaining many links for the same
provider) but since they are the ones writing the rules we can't argue
that much about it anyway and so far it worked ok for us.

Regarding question A, if you want to connect many boxes to the same
SMSC, you'll have to keep in mind that:

1. You cannot run more than one bearerbox for the same setup on the
same machine. The bearerbox connecting to the SMSC cannot be
replicated without installing a new copy of Kannel (maybe you could
install many copies of kannel and assign them different ports for the
bearerbox, I suppose... never tried it)

2. You could run many instances of kannel (bearerboxes) on different
machines and configure each one to make an http request to a single
web server. I think you _should_ be able to connect them to the same
SMSC, as long as the other party allows your IP's to connect.

Regards,