From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Kyriacos Sakkas
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:04 PM
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Changing Sender

Hi all,
    I have the following problem, I wish to be able to send messages
from kannel (1.4 on Debian testing connected to 3 SMPP 3.4 and 1 CIMD2
SMSC's) that instead of showing my number (short code) as the sender
when delivered to an handset will show the name of our company, amongst
some other text strings, already approved, and from what I am told
configured for acceptance by the provider this needs to work through
(SMPP connection).
    I have put
 faked-sender = MyText
 in my sendsms-user group that sends via that specific SMSC, and it is
passed to the provider as the sender in the SMPP PDU, but I get error
0x0000000a Invalid Source Address.

So the big questions:
    Does Kannel support this?
     If yes is my configuration completely of the mark?
    If yes and my config is fine, is my provider just pulling my leg
when they say that it has been configured (a real possibility with this
guys)?
    If it is not supported, does anybody know of a hack to make it work,
or whether it will be available in the future?

Thanks in advance,
    Kyriacos

--
Kyriacos Sakkas
Development Team

Taking Business to a New Level!

** Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email
message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this  email message is strictly prohibited.
If you think that you have received this email message in error, please
email the sender at [EMAIL PROTECTED] **