On Wednesday 22 June 2005 09:30, Jimmy McMillan wrote:
> It is possible to simply hook a cell phone up to my Linux machine using
> the USB data cable and allow that to act as a SMSC/GSM modem?  Are most
> phones semi-supported in that the AT commands will be standard?  How do
> I tell my Linux machine that the USB connection is an AT Modem?

Hi,
I'm using ItegNo GSM Modem (well known for GPRS Modem)
Using USB and using standart PL230X USBToSerial Driver (most linux has it
built in in kernel already)

try /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/usb/ttyUSB0

Most USB GSM Modem lacks in Error when realtime, as said in SMS Server Tools
(another SMS Gateway)

like mine(ItegNo) when Delivery Reports Come in and Send SMS Again in the same
time (as far +- 1 second), Kannel Says Error in AT Command,

I dont know how to fix it,