On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, aleksandar ivanovski wrote:

This is new for me.(I guess this is kannel response not the SMSCs')
How do I  find out the originator of the delivery report?

 Just look at the %a (response).  If it looks like:

    ACK/ or NACK/69/...

 it's from kannel.  If it looks like

    id:283308380 sub:001 dlvrd:001 submit date:0501250428 done date:0501250428
stat:ACKED   err:003 text: .

 it's from the SMSC.

How would you comment that dlr-mask < 16 does not even trigger the DLR?
I was receiving 16s when the number does not exist or similar...

 16 == SMSC Rejected, response would be NACK/##/SOMETEXT
  8 == SMSC Accepted, response would be ACK/
  4 == Carrier Accepted
  2 == Handset Rejected/Failed
  1 == Handset Delivered

Beckman

Peter Beckman wrote:
Remember that Kannel itself generates the DLR for 8 (submitted successfully
to SMSC), NOT the SMSC itself.  The SMSC will generally send you DLR of 4,
2 and 1; Kannel generates DLRs for 8 and 16 (failed submit to SMSC).  The
DLR reports themselves also look different.

Beckman