Kok Jeng Loh wrote:
> Kannel serve as an SMSC and accept CIMD2 from an app server.  It will
> send SMS via a mobile phone attached to it.  The important point is
> can Kannel behave as a CIMD2 server? (For that matter, SMPP, etc. too)

No.  Kannel can only be a CIMD2 client.  It cannot act as a server for
SMPP, EMI/UCP, or any of the other SMSC protocols that it understands.
However, in a broader sense, Kannel does act as something of an SMSC
that speaks HTTP.

--
True compassion is more than throwing a coin to a beggar. It demands of
our humanity that if we live in a society that produces beggars, we are