**>Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:00:25 +0100
**>From: Zouari Fourat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>To: users@kannel.org
**>Subject: [kannel] Connection with smsc UP but no MO/MT traffic
**>
**>Hello all,
**>I have a problem setting up kannel to work with smpp smsc, the problem
**>is discussed here : http://smsforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=2160.0
**>(log files and conf file are listed clearly on that link so please
**>give it a look and try to help me please)

group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = SMPP-01-TT
host = 192.168.160.18
port = 2775
receive-port = 0
smsc-username = "tuntest"
smsc-password =
system-type = "VMA"
address-range = ""

You only specified the BIND_TRANSMITTER destination port of the SMSC via
'port = 2775'.  With this configuration, you can only send SMS to the SMSC.

If you want to receive SMS from the SMSC you have two options:
 1) Tell Kannel the BIND_RECEIVER destination port of the SMSC via
    the 'receive-port = port_number' in the Kannel config.
 2) Tell Kannel it should use BIND_TRANSCEIVER mode when communicating
    with the SMSC. This can be accomplished with 'transceiver-mode = true'
    in the Kannel config.

See ya...

d.c.