Dear list,
we would like to run a gateway with 3 gsm modems to
submit sms and mms using regular SIM card from 3
operators. We see a wide range of gsm modems and a
wide range of prices for them.
Since are biggest need is to submit sms for 80% (mms
for just 20% so we do not high connection rates using
GPRS) we need to know a successeful story of you that
used several gsm modem that of course worked using
kannel and gave you the best ratio of
price/performance.
I have heard of EDGE mode but I do not know if I can
utilize it. Also a serious concern to us is the number
of sms that we can submit per minute though each gsm
modem. According to GSM literature I think that we
need 3-4 seconds for an sms to be sent by each modem.
If that can be increased in any way that would also
help a lot (I know that a direct connection would give
better rate for sms/sec but we just need to have the
modems too).

Thanks you for reaching this point to the present long
email :-)

I wish you a nice day.

Regards,
Pa Nos