On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Ady Wicaksono wrote:

Please give me your uptime :)
i've been tested kannel on my redhat 9 linux with SMSC ver 3.4 connection for about 2 months and found that this stuff is not really stable, i need to restart and restart again and finally
i move to my custome tailor made SMSC Client application.

I've heard my friend that, kannel is not stable on linux but in freebsd he said stable
anybody could confirm it?

 I have run Kannel on FreeBSD, and the only thing that kills it is the
 internal DLR storage -- many messages never "complete" the cycle kannel
 believes is 100%:

    8   Delivered to SMSC
    4   Delivered to Carrier
    1 or 2  Delivered or Failed to Handset

 Kannel, if it never sees a 1 or 2 or 16 for a DLR, never deletes the
 record from memory, and thus after a few days or weeks, runs out of
 memory.

 The solution is to move DLR storage to mysql, and if that was the case, I
 am confident that kannel would not crash.  In a previous life I ran kannel
 on redhat linux with at least 90 days of uptime, probably more, just can't
 remember, or the box needed upgrades and a reboot before kannel died.

 I know kannel is still used and is stable for a company running at least
 100,000 SMS messages per day.

Beckman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             http://www.purplecow.com/