Hello,

I'm using kannel in a production environment with several smsc's. (some smpp 3.4, some emi connections). Encoding for special characters works for all smsc's except one telco that is connected via smpp3.4 however; Stuff like é è ï à is not received ok when we use conversion to utf-8 encoding. According to the telco, they use standard *ISO-8859-1*. We have tried ISO-8859-1 and Windows-1252
however and they both seem not to work correctly.
Are there any encoding options for characters i can try in the kannel config ?

In my configuration i have ;

group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
sendsms-port = 14000
sendsms-chars = "0123456789+"
log-level = 1
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/smsboxaccess.log"
mo-recode = true
immediate-sendsms-reply = true

Thnx,