I coudn't compile with "cheking" but I it compile ok with "slow", but
the issue persist.
I think that the problem is, in fact, the cygwin dll, Hanna, can you
tell us witch version of cygwin are you using? your stable box it's
running kannel 1.4?
May be if I try to replicate your setup I could be able to keep my box running.

Another thing, I found out that the bearerbox is not stopping after 5
minutes of running, but after 5 minutes connected to my SMSC (SMPP 3.4
on a cellular telco). The telco tech staff confirm me that the
connection it's broken abruptly (whitout an unbind).

thanks
Leonardo.