You should check the docs on forum nokia about SmartMessaging if you
want to know how to encode it yourself.

Hint: google for the "ringtonetools" package, it will do all the work for you!

There is also some examples on Kannel source code about sending all
kind of messages, check on the contrib/web folder.

Hope it helps.

--
Alejandro Guerrieri
Magicom