http://smsbox.host.name:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=myusername&password=mypassword&to=%2b639191234567&text=Hello+world
Since "+" has special meaning (it is encoded space), you have to url-encode it (use "%2b" in place of +).

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Julius David Bacolod
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 6:27 AM
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Trying sendsms using HTTP interface

I tried to send SMS via HTTP using this string to URL in a Firefox Web Browser

http://smsbox.host.name:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=myusername&password=mypassword&to=+639191234567&text=Hello+world

But nothing was sent to the target number.
(The number in the URL string is just dummy.)

Mobile phone numbers here in Philippines starts with two-digit "+63"
followed by service providers three-digit number "9xx"
followed by seven-digit user number

Is there any problem with the URL format?

I added http-proxy-host, http-proxy-port attribute because smsbox inherits them from core. Both with and without http-proxy-host, port attribute, the sendsms failed to send to the target phone. What could be the problem?

Here is my smskannel.conf

group = core
admin-port = 13000
smsbox-port = 13001
admin-password = bar
#status-password = foo
#admin-deny-ip = ""
#admin-allow-ip = ""
#log-file = "/tmp/kannel.log"
#log-level = 0
box-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
#unified-prefix = "+358,00358,0;+,00"
#access-log = "/temp/access.log"
#store-file = "/tmp/kannel.store"
#ssl-server-cert-file = "cert.pem"
#ssl-server-key-file = "key.pem"
#ssl-certkey-file = "mycertandprivkeyfile.pem"
#added as inherited by smsbox group
http-proxy-port = 3128
http-proxy-host = proxy8.up.edu.ph

include = "modems.conf"

# SMSC CONNECTIONS

group = smsc
smsc = at
#added
#smsc-id = nkor
modemtype = nokiaphone
device = /dev/ttyS0
#added
#keepalive = 60
speed = 19200
#added
connect-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
#added
#sms-center = "+639170000130"

#group = smsc
#smsc = fake
#smsc-id = FAKE
#port = 10000
#connect-allow-ip = 127.0.0.1

# SMSBOX SETUP

group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = localhost
sendsms-port = 13013
global-sender = 13013
#sendsms-chars = "0123456789 +-"
#log-file = "/tmp/smsbox.log"
#log-level = 0
#access-log = "/tmp/access.log"

# SEND-SMS USERS

group = sendsms-user
username = myusername
password = mypassword
#user-deny-ip = ""
#user-allow-ip = ""

# SERVICES

group = sms-service
keyword = nop
text = "You asked nothing and I did it!"
catch-all = true

group = sms-service
keyword = command
exec = "./parser %r"

# there should be default always

group = sms-service
keyword = default
text = "No service specified"

group = sms-service
keyword = help
text = "To enter a request type: command <request>. Text request to see list of requests "

group = sms-service
keyword = request
text = "make directory: mkdir <path>; reboot: reboot; shutdown: halt; view memory: view mem; help: help "