Cyrus Patel wrote:

Hi all,

I'm running Kannel with a SMPP SMSC and it's all working well. There's a
feature I need and I'm not sure if Kannel supports it.

Is it possible to tell Kannel to stop receiving SMSs and let the SMSC buffer
them (as opposed to receiving them and buffering them locally)?

I saw it option and it looks interesting:

sms-incoming-queue-limit number of messages
Set maximum size of incoming message queue. After number of messages has hit
this value, Kannel began to discard them.

But it discards the messages - is there a way to stop receiving messages
once our queue is full?

Hi Cyrus,

of course you can "suspend" certain smsc links. Use the bearerbox HTTP admin commands for this. Please review the user's guide for reference.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org