Ziyaad Bhayat wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've installed Kannel and I can send and receive sms's. How can I setup
three different smsbox's in order o filter from three different providers.

Hi Ziyaad,

first of all: please use a subject on the mail, otherwise people's MUA will reference this wrong in some super-vancy-hyperbloc-threaded-tree ;) (just kidding, but subjects should be used)

Ok, there is no need for multiple smsboxes for "only" logical seperation of different providers.

Multiple smsboxes can (and obviously) should be used for load-balancing... So if you have some hundret msg/sec. then this would be appropriate, but not for the purpose you want.

For MO traffic:
Use the escape code %i within the get-url value in sms-service group to let your application layer know from which smsc-id the msg originated. (see table 6-9 in user's guide)

For MT traffic:
Use the "smsc=..." GET variable for the sendsms interface and corresponding 'accept-smsc...' config directives in the smsc group to control the MT routing.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org