From: Hadian, Mostafa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: zondag 9 juli 2006 15:42
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: users@kannel.org
Subject: SMPP status

Hi

has any one feen the following error in sending a sms via SMPP to an SMSC.
In fact when try to send an SMS which it's destination is not valid or not in the coverage list of SMSC. SMSC will return error code(command_status) "8" in submit_sm_resp but kannel DO NOT stop sending this SMS and repeate the submit_sm till the process been killed by the user.

 SMPP PDU 0x86f3b78 dump:
   type_name: submit_sm
   command_id: 4 = 0x00000004
   command_status: 0 = 0x00000000
   sequence_number: 10 = 0x0000000a
   service_type: "677"
   source_addr_ton: 2 = 0x00000002
   source_addr_npi: 1 = 0x00000001
   source_addr: "23232323"
   dest_addr_ton: 2 = 0x00000002
   dest_addr_npi: 1 = 0x00000001
   destination_addr: "447705"         <----- not valid
   esm_class: 3 = 0x00000003
   protocol_id: 0 = 0x00000000
   priority_flag: 0 = 0x00000000
   schedule_delivery_time: NULL
   validity_period: NULL
   registered_delivery: 1 = 0x00000001
   replace_if_present_flag: 0 = 0x000000002006-07-09 07:28:37 [30952] [8] DEBUG:   data_coding: 0 = 0x00000000
   sm_default_msg_id: 0 = 0x00000000
   sm_length: 5 = 0x00000005
   short_message: "Test3"
SMPP PDU dump ends.

 SMPP[smpp]: Got PDU:
 SMPP PDU 0x86f3b78 dump:
   type_name: submit_sm_resp
   command_id: 2147483652 = 0x80000004
   command_status: 8 = 0x00000008
   sequence_number: 10 = 0x0000000a
   message_id: "31060CC2"
 SMPP PDU dump ends.
SMSC returned error code 0x00000008 (System Error) in response to submit_sm.