Hi,

I have an SMPP 3.4 connection to my mobile operator. We are connected through VPN over the internet.

Since we are located in Saudi Arabia we have to process both English and Arabic messages.

The Arabic messages come as UCS 2 to us. Then we convert it normally.

When I run kannel with another operator it works all fine but with this operator the messages I receive come as weird characters. They are not UCS2.

Normally when we receive and Arabic message it should come as something like 063306390648062F but from this operator I see the messages coming as 9'1J$FE2EFD1$1. This doesn’t fit in any encoding.

The mobile operator sent me their network logs from Ethereal and I can see the same message that I receive which is 9'1J$FE2EFD1$1 in the logs.

I am attaching the screenshot that the operator sent me from ethereal.

I want to know is it something wrong that I am doing in my kannel configuration or is something wrong going on on the operator’s end?

Thanks,

Cavit