BTW why we are not using getipnodebyname() ?

On 9/27/06, Stuart Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

Giulio and I found that the default throughput setting in the patch (1024) was
still too high for our systems it was suggested that the
default be put down to 512 but I'm not sure if that made it into CVS

Stuart.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have done more tests, and apparently the gethostbyname() error was produced
> only when using a hostname on the url (of the send-url setting) instead of an
> IP address. But also, the rest of the errors I was getting still appeared,
> until I started using the throughput setting for the SMSC from which I was
> getting errors, after that everything's been working fine. I was wondering,
> what's the default value for the throughput setting? And what's a common value
> used? Answers from everybody would be much appreciated and very informative to
> me as well. Thanks.
>
> Nicolas Brenner
>
> Quoting Stipe Tolj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Stipe, I'm using Centos 4.2 with a 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp kernel (yup,
>> it's
>>> smp), which derives from Redhat sources, so I guess the glibc-2.3.4 on the
>>> system might be the same from Fedora 4, and upgrading should do the trick,
>>> although the server is "borrowed" and I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to do
>> so.
>>> Anyway, thank you very much for pointing out the source of the problem.
>> the "funny" thing about the thing was... the gethostbyname() error occured
>> only
>> for Kannel daemons, apache did not have any problems. Which remains strange
>> :/
>>
>> Stipe

>> Kölner Landstrasse 419
>> 40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany
>>
>> tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
>> http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/
>>
>> mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org

Stuart Beck
Systems Administrator

m.Net Corporation
Level 13, 99 Gawler Place